Though I cannot say that this will be the happiest post, it is a better one.
After many long talks with those close to me, and an especially good one with Rich Smith, I
decided not to go on the appalachian trail. Telling Kai was foremost in my deliberations, and I didn't want to let down my parents and his.
Surprisingly that day at work I had a message from kai. though this wasn't a new thing, he'd said he wouldn't be calling for another week or so. I had to wait an excrutiating hour before I got on break but the blessed half hour came and I was able to crash on a chair somewhere and eagerly hear this voice mail. His message told me of his own lack of funds, and how he was going to be quitting in nearly 9 days! I'm not happy to say it, but it is a relief that the pressure is off me.
We plan on going on a similar hike next year, and both knowing and having the funds to do it.
With love....Travis.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home