Inspiration
Let's start with one of my favorite Quotes:
“So many people live within unhappy circumstances and yet will not take the initiative to change their situation because they are conditioned to a life of security, conformity, and conservatism, all of which may appear to give one peace of mind, but in reality nothing is more damaging to the adventurous spirit within a man than a secure future. The very basic core of a man's living spirit is his passion for adventure. The joy of life comes from our encounters with new experiences and hence there is no greater joy than to have an endlessly changing horizon, for each day to have a new and different sun.”
I love both Security and Adventure, I would have to say that I have always loved one more than the other. Adventure is my state of being. I've learned to budget, have a nice job that's paying for school. Am working on another AS degree, and have a loving family that I can always come home to.
Though I don't totally agree with that quote on every level I would say that I embody it to a point. I have traveled the world here and there, but have also remained secure in my place here in Utah. The longest I've ever been away from home is 3-4 months.
I have a burning in my chest. It is the desire to experience the world. Not just my corner of it, and not just for a few months. Experiencing a paradigm shift has become something of a fantasy of mine. To expand past my Western American ways and become, as some would say, well rounded. To think in words now unknown, to formulate previously unattainable thoughts and ideas.
As of now I have a little experience with the outside world. Exchange students growing up, foreign friends at school, traveling to Africa, Germany, France, and flying through London, practicing Spanish on duolingo, etc. But that's only sort of satisfying the wanderlust that I've felt throughout the years. Allow me to be selfish for a minute and say this: "I want more!" "Please Dear God, allow me to experience your amazing planet in its fullness!"
In whatever I do, please use me for the growth and benefit of your people. Amen.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]
<< Home